Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Ice Cream Goodness


(click to see larger)

Every once and awhile I find something that blows me away. This box is one of those things. For years I have had the vinyl headed puppet of Mr Cool and I always figured kids ordered him through a sunday comics newspaper ad. Well it turns out you could order him off of the ice cream wrappers that came in this box. The top of the box has a great image of Mr Cool and the side of the box has a picture of the puppet! Yea! And then the wrapper also has Mr Cool and on the back is another line art pic and info on how to get him. All this aside the Peanut Butter Bars look delicious and I wish I had one right now.

3 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

Sealtest! It sounds so.... so..... 1950s industrial testing facility....

Anonymous said...

My brother & I had the Mr. Cool puppets when we were kids. Bro still has his; mine is long gone. Hard to believe they cost a measley 50 cents & now they're worth upwards of $100 in good condition.

Dan Goodsell said...

I think if you take your time you can find one for about $25-35