Sunday, August 24, 2008
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Well last night was the opening for the new Crazy 4 Cult show at Gallery 1988. I had the great pleasure of going to the show with Kirk D. of the Secret Fun Blog. This show was the first art show that Kirk had ever shown his art! So he had flown out from Arkansas to enjoy the spectacle. And what a spectacle it was with hundreds of people and mayhem to spare. We had a great time and Kirk even sold 2 of his pieces at the opening and they are making prints of all 4! Quite the right way to launch an art career.
PS - Thanks to Andrew for this great photo.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Two great shows coming up. Crazy for Cult at Gallery 1988 which has my Mr Toast Willy Wonka painting in it. The opening is Friday and if you go expect a huge crowd.
Second up is the Skateboard Show at Monkeyhouse Toys in Silverlake. It opens on Saturday starting at 4PM. Hopefully I will be able to go to the opening!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
I did this little guy for an upcoming custom vinyl show. The little dog was done for the band Osaka Popstar and he is called the Devil Dog. He is super cute and it looks to be like the show will be amazing with many top talents taking part. My piece is titled BACON ON A STICK.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
1. WHAT WAS I DOING TEN YEARS AGO - I was actually working for a living at a company that moved artwork. I was the guy who made the crates and generally took care of the warehouse. I am much happier doing Mr Toast now but I really enjoyed building crates.
2. WHAT ARE FIVE NON-WORK THAT ARE ON MY TO-DO LIST TODAY - read comic books, shred old bills, sort through books and papers, clean up my email inbox, brush my teeth.
3. SNACKS I ENJOY - Rice Pudding from Whole Foods, Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies from Milk, Pie from Du-Pars and Peanut BUtter Cupcakes.
4. THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE - Build 2 museums.
5. PLACES I HAVE LIVED - Southern California.
6. JOBS I HAVE HAD - Paperboy, Museum Guard, Art Installer, Crate Builder, Artist.
My life has been pretty focused I now realize.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
A few months ago I got contacted by Mark from Letterpressed about doing a limited edition Mr Toast card. Well they are almost ready. Here are the details.
Limited to 500 hand-numbered cards. Foil stamped in brown on French Pop-Tone Lemon Drop 100# stock with French Speckletone Brown envelopes. Five cards/envelopes per pack, includes one card signed by the artist.
They should be ready early next month but if you want you canPreorder Now.