Sunday, August 20, 2006

Glendale Toy & Advertising Show

This last Sunday I was able to make it out to the All American Collectors Show in Glendale. Years ago I used to set up at the show but this year I just swung by to take some pics and maybe spend a little money.

This show is one of the few places you can go to find great vintage advertising. One of the things that caught my eye was a vintage Oscar Meyer Weinermobile in its box. I have one but this was only the second I had seen in many years. Quite a prize.

I ended up buying a little stack of old Hanna Barbera drawings and a couple old coupons. But it was a fun day talking with Randy of Tiki Ranch and Jim & Linda of Atomic Age toys.

Wienermobile w/ rare box

Michelin Man

Pig Advertising character

Pepsi-Cola Girl display

Esquire & Baseball figures

Tommy Mohawk toy

Mayor McCheese Head

4 comments:

Dustin Crops Boy said...

Hey Dan - what the heck is that Mayor McCheese thing? I don't have it, whatever it is ;) Looks totally different than the fiberglass statue I have of him.

Waffle Whiffer [Brandon] said...

I believe that the Mayor McCheese head is from the playground merry-go-round. It had a McCheese head in the center, and I believe that's it! Very fun!

Anonymous said...

That is some neat stuff. I might look into going to that show next year.

Tom Dougherty said...

You didn't happen to take a picture of that Popeye standing by that pig, did you? I'd love to get a look at that.