Tuesday, August 01, 2006

F&F and Huck & Yogi


The F&F Company in Dayton, Ohio produced many of the 1950's, 1960's & 1970's signature premium plastic premiums. In about 1960, they produced the Yogi Bear mug and Huck Hound bowl. This is still a pretty common premium so you can only imagine how many were produced. To follow up on this success, F&F produced concept artwork for a set of Huck & Yogi salt and pepper shakers and a Running Yogi bike toy. Neither was produced but interesting to think about all of the premiums that might have been considered and then decided against.

4 comments:

Matterhorn1959 said...

Wow Dan- both of those drawings are really cool. I like the salt and pepper as Huckleberry looks so good. But the running Yogi is hilarious. I can just imagine having that on the front of my Schwinn Stingray riding into town.

Dan Goodsell said...

yeah they are nice. The guy I bought these from (and some other stuff) had just sold the art for the Roy Rogers mug F&F made. I am not a big western fan but it is beautiful and sold for way too cheap.

Tom Ray said...

Those are great!
Do you know if the salt & pepper shakers were ever made? That I'd like to see.

Dan Goodsell said...

no they were never made - I am sure Kelloggs realized not a lot of kids would order S&Ps instead they made cereal spoons and fan club kits which the kids ordered in droves.