Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Funny Face Fun Club

I loved Funny Face as a kid. I saved packs and sent away for mugs and iron ons some of which I saved until I was an adult. Mailing away for stuff as a kid was both fun and frustrating but I am sure any kid that got the Funny Face Fun Club kit in 1970 was more then happy with the wait. I never had this kit as a kid so for the last 12 years I have been trying to piece together a complete one. I just finished by getting the mailer from a good friend of mine, Jim Rash. I have to say it was worth the wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny Face stuff was great. I remember my Goofy Grape mug. It was the only thing I wanted to drink out of. As I recall, it wasn't very dishwasher safe.

Anonymous said...

wow - I haven't seen so much Funny Face stuff in over 30 years (I just perused your other Funny Face postings). I remember having the plastic "Goofy Grape" and "Choo Choo Cherry" mugs when i was a kid.

Do you have the little 7" 33 RPM promo record that was offered in the late 1960's? I recently discovered that my mom saved my copy with her old records for some reason. It had some popular voice actors of the day singing songs as the various "flavor" characters.

Thanks for the memories - Funny Face ruled when I was a kid.

Chris

Dan Goodsell said...

you can see the record on my wesite - http://theimaginaryworld.com - along with tons of other Funny Face items

Chris Merritt said...

Wow Dan - your Funny Face collection is so comprehensive! I would have sworn you would have had this by now...

Anonymous said...

wow again - I didn't realize your collection(s) went beyond the blog postings (I came upon your site from bedazzled.tv)

As a fellow collector (of other things) and Funny Face fan, I salute your collection and thoroughness!

This is great - I'll certainly be spending more time here.

Chris

Dan Goodsell said...

with the kit - I had everything but the mailing envelope which I just got

and yeah my collection is pretty crazy - a lot of years spent going to flea markets and toy shows back when you could find amazing stuff there