Thursday, January 12, 2006

Mr Toast Costume - day 1

Mr Toast is slated to make an appearance Feb. 10th at my Otis Parson's show opening so I have to make a costume. This is the third one I have made. The first was in college and I don't have any pics of that one. The second was for my appearance on Big. That costume was made with a wood frame and fabric stretched over it. It was quite heavy so eventually it got tossed. So this is Mr Toast version 3.0. He is double ply cardboard on the front and back with 4" foam making the flexible edge. Next up is to cut a place to see out and then add 1" foam to the front. Then cloth will be glued to the front, back and sides. More photos of today's progress later....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, You're a GENIUS! Will you ever be bringing a show or exhibit to the New York City area?