Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Behind the Magic

My friend Kevin and his family just got to visit the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI to see the exhibition Behind the Magic – 50 Years of Disneyland and he said it was great. For those of us that can't make it, they published an exhibition catalog to go with the show. It is 112 pages with a ton of great illustrations and written by Karal Ann Marling. Mine just came in the mail today and I am quite enjoying it.

For more info on the show and to purchase the catalog go to the Henry Ford Museum

4 comments:

Chris Merritt said...

I've heard that this exhibit is the one to go to - the 50th anniversary exhibit actually at Disneyland pales in comparison!

Matterhorn1959 said...

The exhibition is due to come to Oakland soon. I would suggest a trip up to see it. I went to the Henry Ford museum and saw it, and it was 100 times better than the display at Disneyland. Better (and original) art not just the usual art (and color xerox copies of the art.) Also, several original signs, props, trashcans, costumes, ride vehicles and of course the first human audio animatronic figure of Mr. Lincoln. Plus to see Greenfield Village was awesome, definitely one of my lifes goal was accomplished.

Dan Goodsell said...

thanks for the great insight - a trip to Oakland will be in order

Chris Merritt said...

PJ - how do I become a "Team Member" on your blog? I'd like to leave a comment!

Whoo Hooo! I think this is gonna be my new favorite Blog......

So sorry I still have your slides PJ - I'm gonna try & get them out soon.... Holidays, baby madness, excuses excuses......

Great shot of the park from the hotel!