Thursday, September 06, 2007

Funny Face interview

Marty at the Ephemera blog just posted an interview with me, where I talk a little about my Funny Face collection. Funny Face was one of the things that got me into collecting old kids food stuff and it is still something I remember dearly from my childhood. It is also a major contributor to my aesthetic sense and it continues to influence me in my artwork.

Read the article

Funny Face Fun Club certificate


Matterhorn1959 said...

Great interview Dan.

MDG14450 said...

Y'know, I loved Funny Face as a kid, but I have no recollection of Capt. Black Cherry (even though after the problems about Chinese Cherry and Injun Orange, I'm glad they didn't have a black cherry flavor in the original line-up.

Lainey Schallock said...

Hey Dan - these funny face fruits are absolutely great. Thanks for posting some pictures. It's pretty incredible how they all have such distinct looks and personalities for fruit! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. I posted a response to your comment on my page beneath your original comment so feel free to check that out if you have time. I really adore your page and having just been itching to get my hands on your Krazy Kids' Food book - it looks spectacular. Thanks again so much for taking the time to stop by my page and hopefully I can provide some posts that you enjoy in the future. Best - Lainey