Friday, June 22, 2007

Scooter Pies - Burry Day 5

Scooter Pies were probably the most classic product that Burry made. 2 cookies with marshmallow inbetween and covered in chocolate. Each was individually wrapped if I remember correctly. I can still picture myself in the Stater Bros. Supermarket picking them up off the bottom shelf.

The characters that promoted Scooter Pies were a trio of giants. Eventually they added a kid named Jack and I think the narrowed it down to just one giant. They made puppets, kites and even a little scooter as premium items.

Scooter Pie boxScooter Pie Giants puppetsJack puppet

6 comments:

Waffle Whiffer [Brandon] said...

So we have McGeorge and Gerard, but what's the name of the third giant in red?

These are really fun.

Dan Goodsell said...

His name is Jerome.

Anonymous said...

Good lord! What the heck animal took a bite out of that Scooter pie, a Great White?

Unknown said...

As a child, my nickname was Scooter. When Burry's introduced this, you can imagine how the kids at school taunted me with, "Hey, Scooter pie!" 3rd grade was the last time I EVER went by Scooter, but I love them cookies!!!

Unknown said...

I went to school with the little boy who did the commercial at our grade school Bobby McCarthy he was my freind can't find the commercial though

Anonymous said...

I have scooter pie boxes from my childhood that have held Christmas ornaments for nearly 50 years. Cannot find an image anywhere online that match mine. Wish I could download a picture. If you collect them, let me know. They're yours.