Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fizzies

When I was a kid we used to go to a little soda fountain and in the back they had candy and other fun stuff including Fizzies. We would beg our dad to let us get them and sometimes he would give in and get them. I don't have memories of drinking them when I got home. It was more about the magic of the Fizzies packaging calling out to me.

So when I began collecting kids food, Fizzies were high on my list of things that I wanted to find. Through the years I have turned up quite a few packs and even a full display box from the early 60's. And today in the mail I got the very first Fizzies display along with one of each of the packs. I got it from Jim Rash, one of the nicest collectors I have had the pleasure dealing with. It is really cool to see where Fizzies started and it will have a good home in my collection.

Fizzies

3 comments:

Dave said...

You can still find Fizzies here:
Hometown Favorites. My favorite was Root Beer. I also buy my Clove Gum from them.
Dave

sroden said...

whoa whoa whoa... that is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Fizzies had a late moment of fame as part of a Delta house prank. Dean Wormer, running down the house's crimes, says something like, "Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet?"

I always assumed it was these Fizzies and not some generic 'fizzy'.