Monday, June 25, 2007

Cap'n Crunch - Burry Day 8

Burry Cookies was owned by Quaker Oats, so in the 1960's when Cap'n Crunch cereal proved to be a success, they used the Cap'n and his crew to sell cookies and ice cream. From the looks of the Peanut BUtter cookies box, the cookies were similiar to ones that Burry's also made.

Seadog Cookie Snacks box back

I can't believe Seadog Cookie Snakcs lasted too long since the name seems like they might be for the dog!

Kid w/ Cap'n Crunch cookies

This photo gives us a tantilizing look at the back of a 60's Cap'n Crunch cookies box.

Cap'n Crunch Ice Cream signCap'n Crunch Ice Cream Sign

These last two items show signs for a couple different Cap'n Crunch ice cream confections. I am still looking for a box or wrapper....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in love with Cap'n Crunch!

Anonymous said...

I have a very strong memory of pulling a box of the Sea Dog cookies out of my grandmother's pantry. She got annoyed that I found them. At any rate I remebered them as Sea Biscuits - or the dog was named that, and they were tasty. This would have been mid/late 60s, if I remember right.
I suspect the peanut butter cookies were just Burry Gauchos without the hole. The formula for the current Girl Scout cookie is pretty much the same (recipe being too kind a word for it).

Mike B said...

I thought I was the only person in the world to remember cap'n crunch sea dog cookies. They were chocolate, at least the ones I remember. I wonder if anyone else remembers or has any memorabilia. It's very difficult to dig up any information on them, but I believe I read somewhere that they were made in 1968. One year of production? Could be. I wish I had the foresight to put a box away, but I was only 5 years old, and such things rarely crossed my mind at that age.

Buchanan Fan