Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Classic Animation

Snap Crackle & Pop animation cel

This weekend I wasa lucky enough to purchase a nice group of animation cels, drawings and concept art from Playhouse Pictures. Playhouse closed up their studio in LA a few years ago and it is great to pick up some of the art at the flea market.

Playhouse Pictures animation conceptPlayhouse Pictures storyboardPlayhouse Pictures storyboardPlayhouse Pictures Bug conceptPlayhouse Pictures Bug conceptPlayhouse Pictures celPlayhouse Pictures model sheetPlayhouse Pictures model sheet

8 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

Good stuff!

Phranc aka The Cardboard Cobbler said...

Kool Dan! What a score!!

Major Pepperidge said...

Wow, these sure look like classic 50's commercial animation art! Beauties...

savinoboy said...

You picked these up at a flea market? I used to work there... the history on the walls alone was incredible.
Lucky find!

Dan Goodsell said...

I wish I could have gone to the auction/sale when they closed. I heard about it a few weeks after it happened.

savinoboy said...

Yeah, it was pretty big... bittersweet in a way. It was like stepping back in time working there.

Dan Goodsell said...

Were you able to get anything at the sale? From the little of what I have seen, they must have had a treasure trove of old material.

savinoboy said...

Not a lick. I was out of town the weekend they had the sale. My loss.