Pages

▼

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Frito Bandito Fan Club Kit

Frito Bandito Fan Club KitFrito Bandito Fan Club KitFrito Bandito Fan Club KitFrito Bandito Fan Club KitFrito Bandito Fan Club Kit

8 comments:

  1. Sign me up for one of the sweatshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never understood why the Frito Bandito was banned.
    He is obviously based on the character of Gold Hat, a Federales played by Mexican actor Alfonso Bedoya, in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre", best known for the line:
    "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges! "

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost had to design a large parade balloon based on him, but then my company realized that the Frito lay dumped him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ai ai ai ai -- love the Frito Bandito! Just linked to you from my blog: http://blog.feefifoto.com/2007/12/i-love-thinking.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved the Frito Bandito. I think some people didn't like him because he was portrayed as a thief -- stealing your Fritos brand corn chips. But the "thief" concept has been used for advertising characters many times over the years -- Cookie Crisp burglar, Captain Crook, Jean LaFoote, Hamburglar, Speedy McGreedy and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That name always makes me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 25, 2010

    I remember getting a yellow pencil-top F.B. eraser in a multi-pack of chips a very long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked up a 1969 vintage kit. It came with the club letter three stickers, two rings and one button

    ReplyDelete